- Owner: Department of Veterans Affairs
- Project Location: Iron Mountain, MI
- Architect: Integrated Designs, Inc.
- Project Cost: $3.3 million
- Project Duration: 10 months
- Project Completed: January 2012
The Upgrade Electrical Distribution and Generator Phase 2 project work
included the demolition of the existing 4,160 volt electrical distribution system and
all associated work. The new construction consisted of a new 13.8 KV electrical
distribution system, two generator sets to provide normal and emergency power to
the entire VA Medical Center campus. This work necessitated an addition to house
the new electrical equipment.
The campus remained fully operational throughout the project.
- Keeping the existing distribution system up and running throughout the project until final switchover
- Infection prevention measurements including dust control throughout construction
- Maintaining security protocol
- Maintaining facility access