- Owner: Pinecrest Medical Care Facility
- Project Location: Powers, MI
- Architect: Goudreau Associates
- Project Cost: $6.6 million
- Project Duration: 14 months
- Project Completed: September 2005
This 44,000 square foot addition and renovation was completed in multiple phases to minimize disruptions of the day-to-day nursing home activities. The existing roof on the 1922 building was replaced while occupied without incident. The new construction and renovation include new staff support space, resident kitchens and dining facilities, living and activity areas, bathing facilities, Occupational Therapy / Physical Therapy / fitness areas, and a community center. The project was completed ahead of schedule and within the budget.
Work was specifically coordinated and sequenced to minimize disruptions to the residents of the medical care facility.