Safety is the #1 priority when delivering our construction services
Gundlach Champion is committed to providing exceptional construction services and a safe
and healthy work environment for all employees, contractors, and visitors. We believe our employees are our most valuable resource and all accidents or incidents are preventable. GCI has received multiple AGC Michigan and National Safety Awards demonstrating our dedication to the safety of our employees.
GCI’s employees, contractors, and visitors have a right to expect a safe and healthy work environment. We are committed to providing a comprehensive safety and health program to safeguard the well-being of all those working for, visiting, or living near our operations.
When performing their assigned construction services, all employees are responsible for their own safety and health performance as well as that of their colleagues and others around them. We expect our employees and others on our site to take personal responsibility for their compliance with our health and safety policies, procedures, and practices.
We are committed to continuously reviewing and improving our standards of health and safety at work and ensuring that this remains a core business value. To achieve our objectives, we:
- Have developed, implemented, and maintained safety and health policies, procedures, and work practices that meet or exceed compliance with applicable safety and health regulations.
- Communicate our commitment to safety throughout all levels of the organization.
- Continuously review and improve our policies, procedures, and work practices to identify and eliminate hazards.
- Educate and train supervisors and employees to provide them with the tools needed to do their job safely and identify and correct safety hazards.
- Involve all employees in the implementation of our policy and provide appropriate guidance, training, and supervision to enable employees and others to carry out their work and responsibilities in a safely and competently.
- Develop and review health and safety performance indicators including accident and incident reporting; employee surveys; training records; and audits.
Providing quality construction services safely throughout the Northern Great Lakes Region is a primary focus of GCI. If you have a construction project you would like to discuss; please contact us.